Our History

Formation of the Quincy Valley Hospital District:1958 Hospital being constructed

Believing in the importance of having quality healthcare close to home, a small group of Quincy residents was determined to take the necessary steps to form a public hospital district and build a hospital in their community. Thanks to their hard work and perseverance, Grant County Public Hospital District #2 was created by a vote of the public in November 1950.  Over the next 9 years, the planning, funding, and construction of the building on Tenth Avenue SW in Quincy took place.

 

Dedication of the Quincy Valley Hospital:

Dedicated to the Quincy Community on August 30, 1959, the Quincy Valley Hospital opened its doors to the residents and visitors of the Quincy Valley on August 29, 1959.

Opening Ceremony Building on opening day


Timeline of key events in the history of the Quincy Valley Hospital:

QVMC-Timeline